September 27, 2012

The Fashion Industry Insiders


Photobucket
Cream cut out cardigan c/o OASAP  I  Denim top- Ross  I  Abstract floral chiffon skirt c/o LOVE I  Heels c/o Glamrockchic  I
Belt- thrifted  I  Watch- Ebay  I  Juicy Couture friendship bracelet- Rulala  I  Pink Goddess ring c/o Lotus Mendes  I  
Gold boulder ring- F21  I  Buckle ring c/o OASAP  I  Chevron stackable rings- F21  
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PHOTOS BY DIANNE SISON
For tonight's look I decided to wear this beautiful abstract floral maxi skirt along with a denim "bustier" like top and just singeing the waist with a thrifted vintage elastic waist belt. I also brought along with me this awesome crocheted & lace cardigan, perfect for the night time as it is starting to get a little bit chilly nowadays. Overall, like always I decided to go for a look that combines both comfort, sensibility and style. hehe!
Photobucket
(L-R: Susan Ashbrook, Billy Ola Hutchinson & Uduak Oduok --missing Michael Palladino)
Photobucket
(L-R: Me, Sonia, Tammy, Kenny & Stacey --Current fashion students & fashion graduates)
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Myself along with the incredibly tall, beautiful, and fashionable, Uduak Oduok.--Former fashion model, Current editor of Ladybrille & Fashion/ Entertainment lawyer
(Now mind you, I am about 5'2 without heels and tonight I was wearing heels that are about 4 inches, which makes me roughly about 5'6ft. and yet she still towers over me by well, A LOT! hehe!)

I was incredibly humbled yet again to meet such amazing, genuine and successful people in the fashion industry. Tonight's event was my 3rd time and yet every time, I was completely blown away by the passion and how hard these people work on their own trade. I am beyond impressed on how they were able to build up their own brand and still able to keep their feet grounded.

Some of my favorite words from tonight's event:

"Fashion is about change" --Susan Ashbrook
"Education is something no one could take away from you." --Billy Ola Hutchinson
"Be humble and give the dignity that others deserve." --Michael Palladino
"Believe in yourself. Know yourself. No one should love you more than you do and no one should market yourself more than you do." --Uduak Oduok

No comments:

Post a Comment