May 6, 2012

Bright Ideas


Photobucket
Liz Claiborne stripe button up shirt  I  Cobalt blue skirt- thrifted  I  Neon yellow heels- Gojane  I  Tattoed tights- AMI  I
Piercing points necklace- LYLIF  I  Black and gold interlocking belt- thrifted  I  Woven side body bag- thrifted  I  
Half tinted round frames- Sunglass Warehouse  I  Rose gold watch- Ebay  I  Black morse-code bracelet- Antoinette Lee Designs I  
Gold multi-chain bracelet- F21  I  Friendship bracelet -Juicy Couture  I  Earrings- F21


PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
FASHION FOCUS: NEON PARTY
According to Glamour magazine, "neon is having a major moment right now" and I couldn't agree more. Yes, it's a little bit obnoxious especially when you're strutting in these florescent bad boys , but the great thing about this incredibly bright trend is that 99.9% of the time, you will turn heads. Whether it'd be in a good way, or bad...it's completely up to you to just not care.
Anyway, in this outfit, I decided to be somewhat monochromatic, hence the top and my skirt. However, I did want a huge blinding pop of color, so I decided to test drive my new pair of neon heels. This then, brings the eyes straight up and down, so if you end up wearing something similar to this outfit, you will definitely get a lot of those types of stares. Nonetheless, I must say that I am really loving this whole neon "in yo face" trend, just because it reminds me so much of the 80's :) after all, I am an 80's child.

No comments:

Post a Comment