February 5, 2011

Ellis Faas (Lips) Review



So, who is Ellis Faas? The woman behind the brand...

Vogue Paris cited Ellis Faas as "one of the most influential make-up artists of her time". And indeed, she has worked with the world's most pre-eminent fashion designers, photographers, stylists, hairdressers and models. Ellis’ work has been published on the covers of the world’s best-known fashion magazines. Additionally, Ellis has worked for make-up brands, such as Clinique, Lancôme and MAC Cosmetics – and she was asked by L'Oréal to create a make-up line for their skin care brand, Biotherm. After the contract with L’Oréal ended in 2007, the way was paved for her to create her own brand: ELLIS FAAS.



I had the wonderful opportunity to try ELLIS LIPS aka their lip sticks and I wanted to share my amazing experience with these beautiful lip sticks, since I'm such a huge lip stick junkie and all. 


Anyways, I received 3 of their lipsticks in 3 different colors and textures/ finishes. But first, you must have noticed by now that their packaging is incredibly different from your normal lip stick tubes. 


Yes, in deed, their packaging is far more longer and more sophisticated than any other lip stick packaging out there. However, to some, it might be a bit of an inconvenient since their size is a little longer than your average lip stick size.  


They do however, remind me so much of the Stila retractable lip glosses? It's like you have to twist the bottom for the product to come out, just kind of like a lip gloss.

But, be not mistaken as these things are not lip glosses but lip sticks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Ellis Faas provides 3 different textures & 27 different colors, which is quite a lot to choose from if I may say so myself. They offer a wide range of looks. From stained to vivid to glossy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Creamy provides a very soft, velvety texture (a little thick, so a little is all you need & you're done!) It also comes with a sponge tip applicator for more precise application. You can also blot it with a tissue paper after you're done applying it to your lips for a more stained effect.

I just love how this lipstick is a longwear type of lipstick. Even when I drink or eat, the lipstick stays on without having to reapply every second or every move I make.

I also love the color L105, mainly because I don't really own anything like this color. It is a dark red with a hint of a dark orange undertone to it, which is absolutely beautiful for this winter season.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Milky provides a move fluid & translucent appearance. It gives your the subtle wash look which is gorgeous if you want something that isn't overdone.

This also comes with a brush applicator instead of a sponge tip, for a much lighter & softer application.

I can say that is color, L203 is probably my most favorite out of the 3,  mainly because it's like I'm not wearing any lipstick at all. It's neither stick or too heavy on my lips. I love how soft it is and it's quite long lasting as well.

I love how you can make it a deep dark red or make it as light as your lip color.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Glazed provides an ultra wet look that provides a long lasting splash of color. Now, this has a texture more like a lip gloss, but it isn't as sheer. It's actually quite pigmented, which is always nice.

It has this glossy finish which pulls the whole look together. Although, I love the color, you all know that I'm not too fond of lip glosses, especially the lip gloss texture. So, this would be my least favorite out of the 3. But nonetheless, this isn't overly sticky unlike other lipglosses that I own.

It also gives you the illusion of fuller lips which is also nice, especially for people who have thin lips.

All in all, I must say, that I am very satisfied with the following products & I would love to try more of it when given another chance :)

http://ellisfaas.com


FTC: The following products were sent to me free of charge by the company for review purposes only. I am not getting paid to do this review nor am I affiliated with this company. All opinions said in this post is 100% my own honest opinion.

1 comment:

  1. If you're looking for a solid contextual ad network, I recommend that you take a peek at PropellerAds.

    ReplyDelete