August 29, 2010

Conversation Pieces Review & Contest [CLOSED]

CLOSED!

Audrey Ng is the founder and maker of Conversation Pieces, she relocated from Singapore to Los Angeles to fulfill her life long dream. She started Conversation Pieces in her bedroom approximately 8 years ago. She features indie fashion designers from as far as Spain, UK, Australia and Greece to be able to sell their pieces on her site.

The business grew from her bedroom to her living room to now, her guest house. As Conversation Pieces grew out of its shell, its consumers & customers know that they can get unique pieces with amazing quality while at the same time supporting indie fashion from all over the wold.

I was lucky enough to try one of the Convesation Pieces' dress. Audrey actually sent me the Perfect Blush Dress , which I got in size Small. It is a color blocked dress with alternating coral & white lace on the top half & a plain black bottom half. It also has pockets on both sides which are very pleasing as I am in love with side pockets on dresses. It is also a slip on dress that is made of 100% medium thickness stretch cotton which makes it absolutely easy to put on and take off.

What I love about this dress is that it can be both dressed down & worn dressed up. You can look elegant & sophisticated with this dress on, along with some nice classic black pumps or wear it a bit more casual with some boots/ booties. Either way, you would look exceptional with it on & look like a real lady.

As for the quality, Conversation Pieces does stand by it's dresses because I must admit, the Perfect Blush Dress was amazingly sewn. It looked very sturdy & not just sewn cheaply. I love the comfort & the wonderful quality. The price is well worth it knowing that these pieces can actually last you a lifetime :)


Perfect Blush Dress


[I will add pictures of me in the dress in a later post]

-----------------------------------------
DRESS ME UP CONTEST:




[PLEASE READ BEFORE YOUR PROCEED]

♥ Contest Rules:
- Open to all of my readers/ followers world wide
- Contest will end on September 30; 12am PST
- Entires must be a new post & not something from a previous post.
- Must be 16 years old or older to enter OR have the consent of a parent/ guardian

♥ How to enter:
[STEPS 1-5 ARE MANDATORY!!!]
*PLEASE ENTER YOUR ENTRIES IN 1 COMMENT BOX ONLY


1.) Must be a follower via Google Friend Connect


2.) Post the contest banner on your side bar or the contest entry post itself.

3.) Don't forget to post a link of this contest on your entry post.


4.)  Do a fashion post on your blog titled: "EWWITSNIKKI'S DRESS ME UP CONTEST"
- Wearing a dress that best describes you or your personality
- Take as many pictures of yourself in that dress, be creative!
- You may include accessories, etc. to glam up your look
- Underneath the pictures, explain why you chose that dress to represent you.

5.) Leave a comment of the link of your contest entry, below this post.

Also, please don't forget...

- Follow me on TWITTER
- Subscribe to me via YOUTUBE
- "Like" Conversation Pieces via FACEBOOK
- Follow Conversation Pieces via TWITTER

♥ The Prize:
- 1 Conversation Piece dress of your choice

---------------------------------------------
Here are some of my faves:
Birthday Girl Dress
Brown Eyed Girl Dress
Coral Me Pink Dress
MayFair Dress



FTC: The dress for the review & the winning dress for the contest were both sponsored by Conversation Pieces. I am not affiliated with this company nor am I getting paid to do this review. Everything in this post is a 100% my own honest opinion. 


13 comments:

  1. omg i love this kind of contest!! will joinnnnnnn haha need to prepare my dress frist :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Entry #1: I am a follower. <33

    ReplyDelete
  3. Entry #2: I posted the banner on my sidebar. Link to my blog, here.<33

    ReplyDelete
  4. Entry #3: I have a post of this contest on my blog. <33

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!
    I'm a follower via GFC (Becky)
    Blog post: http://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com/2010/09/ewwitsnikkis-dress-me-up-contest.html
    I follow you on twitter (Beckycd91)
    I also follow conversation Pieces on twitter.
    I like Conversation Pieces on Fb (Rebeca Crespo Diaz)
    I'm subscribed to your youtube channel (gyaru91)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Nikki! You already know I'm a follower here and on Twitter :D

    Here's the link to my entry:

    http://beneaththeglass.blogspot.com/2010/09/ewwitsnikkis-dress-me-up-contest.html

    great contest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! :)
    I would love to win this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh yay finally can took pic yesterday lol
    here is my entries : http://lollibunnie.blogspot.com/2010/09/ewwitsnikkis-dress-me-up-contest.html
    i also ..
    - Subscribe to your YT, my youtube :MissLollibunnie
    - "Like" Conversation Pieces via FACEBOOK, fb name ipeh busman
    - Follow Conversation Pieces and you via twitter @ ipehishere
    - and im going to put contest banner on my sidebar blog now

    still 30sept here i hope i still can enter. hehe :D
    ipehishere[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://koreansushi.blogspot.com/2010/09/ewwitsnikkis-dress-me-up-contest.html

    Yay! I had fun doing this Nikki! <3 You already know I'm following you on Twitter & YouTube! =) I'm also following Conversation Pieces on Twitter & liked them on Facebook! Woooo.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. AH-HA! I made it just in time! =D Even if I don't win I knew I just had to take part in this contest of yours. I think these type of giveaways/contests are more fun than the 'follow me' type of giveaways. Don't get my wrong those are nice too but I really enjoy these types of contests once in awhile as well. =D

    Here is my post:
    http://serenadeveryday.blogspot.com/2010/09/ewwitsnikkis-dress-me-up-contest.html

    Following you here, youtube, twitter, etc. Also liked and following Conversation Pieces.


    <3s Serena.

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONTEST OFFICIALLY CLOSED~

    ReplyDelete