July 28, 2010

[Review] Dolly Brown & Nudy Quarter Blue Lenses



Comfort:
These lenses are pretty comfortable, not the most comfortable lenses I own though, but it is pretty up there with the comfort. I can wear these lenses for about 8 hours and not feel any discomfort. However, anywhere more than that, it gets a bit dry.
Color & Design:
The color is a nice vibrant blue color, which is nice for those who love the blue eyed look. Very sexy & sultry, perfect paired with a nice smoky eye. The design is like any other lenses from the Nudy Series, which has that pixelated look to it. Normally, I find that Nudy lenses are better paired with a less intense eye look (just like my Nudy Browns) But these Nudy Quarter Blues actually still look good with or without much eye make up. I really like it!
Enlargement:
I mean, these lenses are only 14mm, so they don't really give you that much enlargement. But like I always say, I enjoy wearing 14mm lenses more than a pair that are much bigger. I feel like a 14mm lens like this one is more comfortable and less drying than lenses that are bigger.
Overall:
All in all, I really like these lenses :D Not only is it comfortable, but the lenses are very vibrant. Not the most natural lenses to wear if you have darker colored eyes, but it's absolutely gorgeous.


Comfort:
 These lenses are not necessarily the most comfortable lenses I've ever worn, which is kind of disappointing because I was hoping that they would be more comfortable. I had to make sure my eyes were well lubricated with lens solution, otherwise it won't even stay in my eyes.
Color & Design:
 As for color, I can say that it is very vibrant, but like the title says "DOLLY BROWN" I'm a bit confused because this is clearly not brown or anything close to being a brown shade. It is a bright yellow!!! When I wore it, my whole family was wondering, "Why the hell are your eyes yellow?" Although, I have tried these lenses a couple of times to make sure I give them a fair shot, they just didn't fit me well. I felt like I had mutant eyes =/ Like instead of a pink eye, I had a yellow eye or should I say, EYES.
Enlargement:
 These lenses are about 14.2mm, so it enlarges a bit. However, it isn't too big either nor is it too small. So this size is actually pretty good.
Overall:
 Overall, I'm not too fond of these lenses but I do appreciate the fact that the color pay off is really good and the size of these lenses are in between. But, I feel like when it's supposed to be "BROWN," it's supposed to be brown or even close to being a shade of brown, not yellow. So for that, I'm a bit disappointed with these particular lenses. I doubt I'll wear them on a regular basis, maybe on Halloween?

 Where to buy: CLICK HERE



FTC: These lenses were sent to me by http://mukuchu.blogspot.com for review purposes only. I am not getting paid to do this review. What works for me, may not work for you, vicaversa, so please use at your own discretion.

 

7 comments:

  1. oo the nudy blues are so pretty! : ) yeah .. dolly brown isn't very dolly lol. good for cosplay though

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the color! I have a darker blue circle lens but I think the nudy ones are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nudy blue are so pretty..I love it..Dolly brown look creepy..Doesn't look like brown at all..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue ones are quite nice. But yea...when I read Dolly Brown, I'm like why are your eyes greenish/yellowish? It's quite easy to misinterpret that.

    http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. damn i really wanna try circle lenses but i dont wanna get addicted :P those look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those two colours (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The nudy blue lenses are gorgeous! I used to have the green ones...but I forgot about them and they dried up /:

    -Coco<3

    ReplyDelete