May 4, 2010

[Review] Geo Ash Wing & Geo Nudy Brown Lenses from Candylens.com



a little thank you card (they're so sweet!)

they even included an instruction/ lens care guide

Packaging: 11/10
Ok, so I know you're probably wondering, "why 11/10? that just doesn't make any sense" Well, I mean, come on, when have you ever seen a circle lens company package their lenses so tastefully? It's super cute & absolutely unique. I've never seen anyone package their lenses like this before, hence, the 11/10 score. hehe!



Base Curve: 8.6mm
Diameter: 14mm
Water Content: 38%
Replacement Period: 12 months
 ----------------------------------------------

no makeup
with makeup & flash
with makeup & no flash

COMFORT 9/10
These lenses are pretty comfortable. I soaked them in for about 6 hours & wore them the next day. Aside from my dry eyes, these lenses can be worn for over 6 hours, i'd say ( at least that's what I did & they were perfectly fine )

COLOR & DESIGN:  9/10
I really like the design on these Wing Series lenses, because it gives you that halo effect, kind of like the Nudy Series, but more natural looking. However, I thought they would appear more gray-er on my eyes since the lenses look light gray, but I don't know if it's just me but, it looks more blue-ish than gray on my eyes.


ENLARGEMENT: 5/10
These lenses don't really give me a huge, drastic kind of enlargement, because they're only about 14mm. However, even though it doesn't enlarge my eyes like crazy, I still really like them because I'm more a 14mm lenses kinda gal. I don't like lenses that are extremely huge/ alien-like looking.


 OVERALL: 8.5/10
I really love these lenses! I also love the originality & uniqueness that Candylens.com showed with their packaging, definitely a huge plus in my book. It just goes to show that they care about each and everyone of their customers & really value the relationships that they build with them. Customer service was amazing, as well. They reply back within 24 hrs, which is great.

-------------------------------------------


GEO NUDY BROWN 
$19.90 at http://candylens.com/

Base Curve: 8.6mm
Diameter: 14mm
Water Content: 38%
Replacement Period: 12 months
--------------------------------------------------

no makeup
 with makeup & flash
with makeup & no flash

COMFORT: 7/10
These lenses are less comfortable than the Geo Ash Wing, I guess it's cause my eyes we're just tired that day. But, I will definitely give this one another shot!

COLOR & DESIGN: 5.5/10
The color is a bit more opaque than I originally thought it'd be. It actually has a brown- golden tint to it. As for the design, I really like the halo effect that the outer ring gives. But I'm not too fond of the pixelated design on the lens itself. But then again, the info said to use lighter makeup when using these lenses, maybe that's why it didn't turn out so nice on me because of my heavy eye makeup.


ENLARGEMENT: 6/10
These lenses look pretty similar to my eye diameter. (I guess I have a huge iris compared to most asians?) 


OVERALL: 7/10
 I really love the halo effect that the outer ring gives but the design doesn't work well with my heavy makeup/ smokey eye- self. However, I'll definitely try these on with less makeup & then we'll see how that goes :D

 
*Disclaimer: These lenses were sent to me by Candylens.com. However, this will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. This review is 100% my own, honest opinion.


25 comments:

  1. Omg their packaging is super cute! I REALLY like Geo Ash Wing on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Susie: I know! I was super touched with the packaging, you can tell they really took the time & effort to please their customers & thank you! I really like the Ash Wing too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah..It's Malaysia post..=P..Between I like your lenses..^_^.. It's been a long time since the last time I'm using color lenses.. Do you have degree on your lenses?..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is cute packaging! :] Very cute lenses! You rock both really well :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow the packaging is really nice! they look great on you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Angie: hehe yep, its from Malaysia! & oh really? when was the last time you wore lenses? As for my prescription, yes I do have it, it's -3.50 hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Ange: Aww I know, I love em! & thank you!! <333

    @Liana: hehe yeep! gotta love cute packaging & thanksss <333

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoaaw cute packaging for lenses! :D The grey one does look a bit blu-ish onthe picture without flash but it still looks nice on you!

    I ordered some lenses from them too & I can't wait to get them. I bought them in Fresh grays & angel brown. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. @LittoMokka: I know right! & oooh! let me know how those lenses work for you :D looking forward to seeing them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that packaging does deserve an 11/10, so cute :) And I see the blue tint you're seeing on the gray lenses, but you can tell they're gray though. At least they come up more gray than I'd expect them too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehe i have both of these. they look fab on you! i am actually very much in love with the geo nudy brown but not so much with ash grey

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Stephanie: I know, super adorable right? & hehe! yeahh, at least it's still grey hehe

    @Angie: Oh really? I don't have Nudy Grey's yet, so when I get them, we'll see how I like it hehe. It looks really nice on the models they have lolol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girll, WHATCHU TALKIN CRAZY ABOUT?!! I think the Nudy Browns look AMAZING on you!! I mean, just take another look at your last photo!! I think you look GORGEOUS with them on & with all of your eye makeup! Shoot, you made me do a double take!! I was like "wowww" *click to zoom*..."WOWWWW" haha :P The Ash Wings look really nice on you, too! But yeah, I agree with you that they have a bluish tint to them. That's how grey contacts tend to look on me. Not grey circle lenses, but regular grey acuvue colors! hehe xD and OMG, just thought I'd let you know that I think your complexion/face is FLAWLESS in the pics of you with the Ash Greys! It's super glowy too!! I loves it!! ^_^ too pretty for my eyes!!<33

    ♥ caroline

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Caroline: Aww, you're the sweetest, girl <3333 Thank you so much! And, oh boy.. my skin is far from being flawless, it's just the outdoor lighting. I have acne prone skin but I guess the combination of a great coverage foundation + good lighting = good pics? haha idk?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh love love love it....they have really cute case and packaginggg

    ReplyDelete
  16. awww nikkiiiii the packaging is super cuuuute!!! i love the nudy series hehe

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Cydia: awww thanks! & yep I agree

    @Phi: I know right? hehe! Anyways, which one do you like more, the Nudy brown or the Nudy greys?

    ReplyDelete
  18. They look gorgeous on you babe! Your make up complimented the lenses really well =)
    AND the packaging DO deserve an 11/10 with the box and all..

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. it looks totally gorgeous on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your lashes and the way you do your eyemake-up!! So flawless every time! Especially looks good with the blue color =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. i lovee ur smile and theeth!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. waaaaaaaa~~
    nikki unnieee~~
    i also use that geo nudy brown~!!*hi5*
    i posted my picture with it.. just yesterday hehehe..
    agree with you! the packaging is so nice, when i bought from spree they just give me with a crappy plastic wrapper -____-; siggh~ lol
    anyway, it looks supa nice on you!
    both of it~ but i like to look the pict when u use the grey one =d

    ReplyDelete
  23. Their packaging is surprisingly special compared to others, but I noticed something unusual tho. No offence but why are the seals of the vials already opened? Don't mind the packaging, suppliers are not suppose to open them for you by all means @@. I'd rate it 11/10 if the aluminium rim cap of the vials are left unopened!

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Szu Yin: I've already opened the sealed part then took a picture. So, 11/10 is right!

    ReplyDelete
  25. i have a question..i dont know what to put for my power left and power right. should i just put -0.00 ?
    its my first time buying lenses

    ReplyDelete