May 12, 2010

[Review] Beaucon Jewels Pink & Neo Cosmo Glamour Blue



Diameter: 14.0mm
Base Curve: 8.6mm
Water Content: 45%
Usage Modality: Yearly
Price: 60RM/ 20USD 
Where to buy: http://charleneshop.blogspot.com

----------------------------------------------
with flash
no flash

COMFORT: 5/10
When I first wore these lenses, they were super irritating. I don't know if it was just me, but I definitely didn't like the stingy feeling it gave me. However, as I keep wearing them, the comfort level begins to rise. 

COLOR & DESIGN: 10/10
I'am in love with the color pink & at first I thought, this would make me look like a weirdo. I mean come on, PINK EYES...seriously now? but I wear them to school all the time & people don't notice I have pink lenses, unless they really look at it. I love the thick- dark rim! Even thought it's absolutely not natural looking, I'am in love with the Jewels' series & I wanna get more :D


ENLARGEMENT: 7/10
These lenses, being only 14.0mm don't really enlarge much, but I still love it because I noticed that huge lenses make me feel like my eyes are popping out of my socket. hahaha! So, I think I'm more of a 14mm kinda gal ;)

a pic of my previous blog post


OVERALL: 8/10
I really really love these lenses. I love the darker outer rim & a simple design with these Beaucon Jewels. Comfort wise, it's getting better as I wear them more often. I have no complaints! I wish I had more colors ;) hehe! These, being my 1st pink lenses... I absolutely love!


NEO COSMO GLAMOUR BLUE
Diameter: 14.2mm
Base Curve: 8.6mm
Water Content: 45%
Usage Modality: Yearly
Price: 100RM/ 30USD
Where to buy: http://charleneshop.blogspot.com

-------------------------------------------
 natural lighting
no flash

COMFORT: 9/10
There lenses are fairly comfortable! I have nothing else to say about it! hehe

COLOR & DESIGN: 10/10
I really really love the color of these lenses, because it's so vibrant & the design is very natural looking. People are like "wow! you're eyes are blue." Sometimes I wonder if they really thought my eyes are naturally blue? Now that would just be weird. Asian with naturally blue eyes? Hmmm...? Anyways, over all, I really love the color & design of these Neo Cosmo Glamour Blue lenses. Anyways, back to topic! I really love the fact that these lenses are not just single toned. The lighter brown color in the core really blends with my darker brown eyes which makes a subtle transition to the blue color on the lenses.


ENLARGEMENT: 7/10
Even though it says that the lenses are 14.2mm, to me, it feels as though it's just 14.0mm. I don't see any drastic change. Nonetheless, I still like it because it doesn't make my iris insanely huge.


OVERALL: 8/10
Overall, I do love these lenses but I suggest to wear minimal eye makeup while wearing these lenses because at times, it could look a bit weird, especially since these lenses are on the lighter blue side. I also love the fact that these lenses have this, almost shinning effect to them. (refer to pictures on the top) Also, it's not entirely blue, it has brown on the center which blends with my natural eye color so it isn't such a drastic transition from dark brown to blue, making it a bit more on the natural side.

-----------------------------------------

PACKAGING: 8/10
The packaging is alright, it came in a bubble wrap envelope, and the viles together with the lens cases were placed inside this bubble wrapper. Not individually wrap, but wrapped together. I mean, it came in once piece so I'm all good. 




*Disclaimer: These lenses were kindly sent to me by Charlene, the owner of http://charleneshop.blogspot.com, for review purposes. I'am no way affiliated nor am I getting paid to do this review. Everything that is said in this review contains 100% of  my own honest opinion. What may work for me, may not work for you, so please use at your own discretion. 



16 comments:

  1. omg the pink lenses! soooo opaque! eeeeek i want to try some now hehe
    and the neo lenses are so beautiful! and natural looking! :)
    your gorgeous as always <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow hun!!.. I love all that lenses especially the pink one..^_^..Never try it before..

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeahhhhhh those lenses are gorgeous and the pink one really original ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like both the lenses, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pink lenses!?? sounds weird.. but looks so pretty on youuu! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I personally like the Geo Nudy pink ones better because they look more natural, but the blue ones are really great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the blue ones!!!! Really sparkly and pretty :) But you always look so pretty dongsaeng :)

    The pinks are nice too! It really lightens the eyes! Hmmm.. can you do an EOTD with the pink lens with more light or pastel shadows? Like baby blue or silver? :)

    Love you!
    언니

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, the pink is so cool and I really like the blue one...it makes me wanna get one especially its a 9/10 comfly zone hahahaa

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAYYYY!! New lenses!! xD

    You're so lucky you get to try out all these lenses, Nikki! ^_^ It's probably because you're such a diligent and dependable blogger! :D You look great in both colors & styles!! hehe I actually like them equally on you. The pink is unique and that particular blue one is really 'natural' compared to other blues out there on the market! I like how the brown in the center helps with the transition to the blue color, like you said :) Looking gorgeous as always!!<33

    ♥ caroline

    ReplyDelete
  10. they are kind of spooky but look great on you with your makeup!
    xxjess

    ReplyDelete
  11. osh i just love the pink ones!! but both looks really really good on you nikki!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your contact reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love the blue ones (; it looks amazing! love ur reviews girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW the pink ones are so funky!! I also have the glamour one but in brown,, you pull off the blue really well~~!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. http://gazettedubonton.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pink ones look very sweet but the blue ones are just beautiful! great reviews!

    ReplyDelete