May 27, 2010

BestBathStore, a LUSH dupe?

Hey lovelies, sorry that I've neglected you & bombarded you with just reviews =/ I have been super busy due to finals (thank god it's over now) & also, my cousins from the Philippines came and staying with us for 2 months. So don't really have time to do makeup tutorials or FOTD, OOTD's etc =/ So sorry!

Anyways, now that's settled, I wanna let you guys know about this particular company. At first, they reminded me so much of LUSH, but after using their products for quite some time now, I realized that, not all "All Natural/ Homemade" stuff could be LUSH dupes. I mean, they are different yet similar is some-most ways.

I first heard about Best Bath Store from fellow blogger/ youtube guru, Daniele aka LePooke. I saw her video talking about a cheaper alternatives to LUSH. I jumped on the band wagon right away and took at look at their site. Since I didn't know about their products yet, nor have I ever tired them in the past, I just settled to try their samples first.

You get to pick 5 samples of your choice to try for about $6? I believe, and you get a generous size/ amount of products. The samples I picked out were the Dead Sea Mud Mask, Acne Facial Bar, Acne Treatment Gel, Acne Treatment Facial Toner and the Intensive Under Eye Treatment.

You actually get to pick 5 samples for FREE, but the $5.99 or $6? was for shipping :) Pretty good deal eh?

After trying the samples, I really fell in love with a couple of them and some were just so so for me. Anyways, a few months later Ksenia from the Best Bath Store contacted me to do a review on a few of their products. I really liked the Dead Sea Mud Mask & the Acne Treatment Gel, so I grabbed those since I wanted to try it a bit more. The Peppermint Body Bar, intrigued me quite a bit. So, I said, why not give that one a try as well?

Ok, so now, on to the review :)
2 oz. of product
$19.95

Discription: Best Bath Store brings the spa to you with the Dead Sea Mud Mask. This treatment will draw out environmental toxins and tighten pores while infusing vitamins and minerals into your skin, leaving you with a smooth and radiant glow.

Directions: Apply evenly to damp face. Let sit for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Use 2-3 times per week for best results.

Ingredients: Dead Sea Mud, French Green Clay, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Chamomile Hydrosol, Organic Manuka Honey, White Willow Bark Extract, Vitamin E, Bergamot Essential Oil, Potassium Sorbate

Overall Thought: I really like this mask! Not only because they use natural ingredients but also because for the price of $19.95 in a 2oz. tub, that's pretty cheap. Plus, little goes a long way! Seriously~! Also, this masks really shrinks down my pores, although I don't necessarily have extremely huge pores, I must say that it does help. It tightens up my face (kinda like I just had botox lol!) and it also leaves my face super smooth afterwards. It gives me this tingly feelings that might feel a bit "stingy" but that's when you know it's working right? hehe! At first glance of this product, I was like 0_0 "Eww, looks nasty" then again, the tag did say it's a "MUD" mask, emphasis on MUD, so what do you expect, but mud right? Overall, I really like this product & would recommend it to anyone who loves pampering themselves with facials or just someone who needs a little "pick me up" on certain days when we could look a little dull.


4oz. of product
$16.95

Description: Best Bath Store's Acne Treatment Gel is highly effective for sensitive, dry, oily, and acne prone skin types. This reparative gel contains effective ingredients such as manuka honey, aloe vera, organic extracts, and natural essential oils. It's light texture will gently restore your skin's appearance for fast, flawless results.

Direction: Shake well before each use. Apply thin layer on face or body after normal cleansing routine. May be used for spot treatment during the day or all over the affected skin areas at night.

Ingredients: Aloe Vera, Helichrysum Hydrosol, Witch Hazel, White Willow Bark Extract, Red Clover Extract, Burdock Root Extract, Organic Manuka Honey, Vegetable Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Grapeseed Extract, Vitamin E, Manuka Essential Oil, Helichrysum Essential Oil, Litsea Cubeba Essential Oil

Overall Thought: This product reminds me so much of my Grease Lightning by LUSH which is my absolute HG. Anyways, me and my sister loves this! I recently just ran out of my Grease Lightning & I've been using this Acne Treatment Gel for a while now & I must say, they work just as good as the Grease Lightning by LUSH. The consistency is very similar to Grease Lightning as well. Very light & will definitely not sting. Unlike a few acne spot treatments that I've used in the past -_-" 4oz. is a lot of product, unless you're using it as a facial cleaners, which i would really recommend. hehe! (it's a joke ^.^)



PEPPERMINT BODY BAR
3.5 oz of product
$4.95

Description: This body bar combines uplifting minty aroma with moisturizing oils and butters that will leave your skin feeling beautiful, fresh, and clean.

Direction: Work into lather and massage over body. Rinse off thoroughly. May be used in bath or shower.
Ingredients: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Almond Oil, Peppermint Essential Oil, Spearmint Essential Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Red Iron Oxide

Overall Thought: I don't know if it's just me but the aroma is a bit too strong for my own personal taste. It doesn't remind me of a peppermint bark at all. The scent reminds me of an extremely strong manufactured peppermint aroma. =/ The bar pretty much melts all over the place in my bath tub. Although, I really had high hopes for this particular body bar, I guess it just wasn't for me. Although i wouldn't say the same thing for the other body bars as I have never tried any of them, aside from this one.

9 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! Sounds amazing! Gonna go check it out now! Thanks for posting, Nikki! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg so tempting. I'm just about to click that link you provided, shoot! Nice post girl, definitely gave useful information. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oOoOo! After reading the all-natural ingredients list for the dead sea mud mask, I really want to try it out now, Nikki! haha xD but I've depleted the last of any monies I have for moving expenses and such, so I'm pretty broke right now! ;_; *le sigh!* I've missed you, Love!!

    whoa, your cousins are visiting for 2 months?! must be fun!! xD

    ♥ caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to try this brand!
    Do they ship internationally?
    Well, it's okay if they do not, 'cause I don't have money anyways haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! I really want to try that mask out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. However, prices need to include in order to enhance his business.
    So, while formulating a student loans strategy to raise awareness for your business.
    They want all the processing done in Argentina and why not since
    crushing in Argentina creates jobs and there is
    no reason why you don't learn and take action yourself. Thus, you offer products and services through blogs.

    My web blog: Private Student Loans for People

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you must watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Have your ex CRAWLING back to you...?

    ReplyDelete
  8. 3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually kill fat by eating Coconut Fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medicinal magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ever wanted to get free YouTube Subscribers?
    Did you know you can get these ON AUTOPILOT AND ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE by using Add Me Fast?

    ReplyDelete